5 Things to Consider When Buying a Bed for a Large Dog
Whenever you consider a dog bed, you will be reminded of an acute little toy snuggled in custom bed, but no one thinks of large dogs. Dogs usually like to stretch out in comfortable bed and for this particular reason manufacturers have created large beds for dogs.
Large dogs are considered as family members these days and you need to give them a comfortable bed to sleep. It is a challenging task to provide the right kind of bed for your large doggy, because it may have a hard-time adjusting in smaller beds.
So, here are the 5 things that you need to consider yourself before purchasing new dog bed.
1. Age: The first thing that you need to take into account is the age. You can find several options for different age group of dogs. Before purchasing, you need to measure your dog’s height and purchase a suitable bed. Make sure that you purchase a good one, so that your dog can stretch out while sleeping. If you are not able to find the right size, you can go with extra-large beds for larger breeds.
2. Budget: The next thing you need to consider is the budget. Usually, dog beds come in different styles as well as prices. When you shop for dog beds, quality matters a lot. If you are willing to pay for a good dog bed, it lasts for longer duration and saves your hard earned money.
3. Sleeping Posture: You need to consider your dog’s sleeping posture. Few dogs usually curl up and few will stretch. You can spend more time in looking at your dog sleep, and find the right kind of bed.
4. Does your dog chew more: You need to opt for a bed made of non-toxic materials, which is hard to chew in case your dog is habituated to chewing anything and everything. If you have a larger breed with muscle or hip problem or arthritis, then you need to go for orthopaedic foam bed. At times, dogs like to lie down on cold floor or worn carpet. By seeing this, you can consider what kind of bed will work for your dog.
5. What type of bed is suitable for your dog – do you want a bed that suits outdoors or indoors? How much space do you need for accommodating dog bed? What kind of style, shape or colour do you prefer?
Types of Dog Beds
There are few things that you need to consider before purchasing dog bed. Usually, dog beds come in three different types:orthopaedic/memory foam, elevated/raised, and bolstered.
These beds also come in different shapes, designs, and colours. You should be able to find a bed that goes perfectly. However, purchasing dog beds for large dogs will be fun.
There are several online portals as well as retail stores, where you can purchase quality and branded beds. It is important that you research before purchasing dog bed. In order to get exclusive dog beds, you can visit dogbeds-dogduvets. They manufacture dog beds in different designs.
Tate Martins specialises in making comfortable and durable dog beds, which are made of resistible fabrics. His other interests include home improvement, gardening, and pet care.